The Best Hits of 90s Alternative Rock

The 1990s were an incredible decade of music. The decade ushered in a new era of music in which bubble gum pop was no longer the preferred genre of the masses. Opting for an alternative sound, so many alternative rock acts emerged during the course of this decade. With roots in Seattle, many of the best bands came out of Seattle. I'm going to list my 5 favorite alternative rock bands from the 1990s. While you may or may not agree, these are simply my opinions and I hope you enjoy them.

5. Soundgarden. Chris Cornell and crew threw together a span of great albums, and I love the sound this band had, no pun intended.

4. Weezer. This was more of the fun brand of alternative rock, and it was absolutely great. Buddy Holly and Say It Ain't So still remain two of my favorite songs of all-time.

3. Nirvana. The quintessential alternative rock band, it's a shame that their time ended in the earlier part of the decade after Kurt Cobain's suicide. I have a feeling they'd still be producing great music today if not for that.


2. Sublime. I loved this band, and it's a shame that they weren't discovered on the mainstream scene until after singer Bradley Nowell's tragic death. He was a legend and he didn't even know it.

1. Pearl Jam. I love everything about Pearl Jam, and this band of hard working rock stars is still one of the best out there today. Listen to their new CD and you'll see for yourself.